Why Pricing Matters…
Key Pricing Features
Prompt earlier action with time-based price increases – early purchases lead to better planning resources.
- Encourage early buying with price increase as the event date approaches
- Add multiple price increases to create continued incentives to throughout the leadup to the event
Offer time-limited coupons to shift traffic patterns and incentivize purchasing.
- Promote a specific night or event with a coupon code for that ticket option
- Encourage attendance from a specific group like a school with a code for their group
- Reward sponsors or supporters with free or discounted entry
- Use Coupon Pools to share coupons across your events
- Auto-apply coupons to reduce customer service from user error
Use themes and discounts to increase sales of your least popular tickets.
- Set lower prices for less popular days or ticket options to encourage price-motivated attendees
- Offer specific promotional nights with discounts and themes, such as a Food Truck Night, Buy One Get One night, Fundraiser Night, First Responder Night, etc.
Encourage attendees to bring their friends and family with discounts for groups.
- Use bulk pricing to discount the per-ticket price when buying multiple tickets together
- Offer multiple tiers of group ticket pricing to encourage large groups and additional sharing of the event
- Provide card discounts, where purchasers who exceed a pre-set cart total receive and automatic discount
Enable an option to send each ticket purchaser a unique referral URL to share and reward them when purchases are made through their URL.
- Set a threshold for referrals that’s hard, but attainable (for example, 5 referred purchases)
- Set a reward that’s high enough to be worth the effort of sharing (for example, a $20 refund if you reach the referral threshold)
- Refunds are made automatically when the threshold is reached
- Attendees who successfully refer some purchasers, but do not reach the threshold, cost your event nothing
Pricing to Upsell
Use your TicketSignup Store to increase revenue by offering merch within (and outside) your purchasing path.
- Sell premium merch like sweatshirts and fun swag like glow sticks
- Allow attendees to pre-purchase food and drinks for fast and easy redemption on-site
- Upsell your experience with store items for add-on opportunities like behind the scenes tours, or a premium attraction
Bundle merch and on-site experiences with a VIP ticket option for premium buyers.
- Makes it easy for the ticket buyer to access add-on items without manually adding them
- Encourages more purchasers to include your merch and on-site experiences
- View each portion of the bundle separately on the checkout page and track item individually on the Tickets App
Provide opportunities for add-on sales on-site to increase the value of each ticket purchaser.
- Use QR code signage to allow attendees to purchase items from their phones on-site
- Take advantage of the TicketSignup integration with Square to offer additional card and cash sales on-site, while keeping all your data in one place
All the Latest Blogs on Ticket Pricing
Evaluating the pricing of various ticketing companies can be surprisingly confusing. There are typically two things to consider: This blog is focused on the second bullet: processing fees. While an event can choose to cover the processing fees on TicketSignup, most events…Read More
At TicketSignup we are not just technology creators (as much as we do love creating technology): we are also Payment Facilitators. The reason for this is pretty simple – for event companies, reliable payments are crucial to the successful operation of their…Read More
There are several unique things about our Processing Fees (see Pricing Page here) compared with other ticket vendors. The purpose of every one of them is to make you more successful. Family Friendly – No per Ticket Charges New customers often wonder…Read More
We continue the series on strategies to Increase Ticket Sales with Pricing strategies by focusing on ways to apply discount incentives to encourage group attendance and tap into the social nature that is the foundation of ticket events. This post covers two…Read More
Building a Sense of Urgency TicketSignup offers many features and ways in which events can creatively encourage a greater amount of attendees for their upcoming events. This is a first in a series of blog posts to help provide specific methods to…Read More
Fundraising events engage supporters, strengthen your organization’s community, and build awareness about your mission. Sell more tickets and bring new supporters into your organization by incentivizing your existing supporters to bring their family and friends. TicketSignup’s free and purpose-built ticket event platform…Read More