Why Should Events Use Referral Rewards?
This organic promotion generates buzz, expands your reach, and attracts attendees who are more likely to convert due to recommendations from trusted sources.
How Referral Refunds Work
1.Offer an Automated Referral Reward
Set up a Referral Rewards Program. Your program will include a threshold (the number of people an attendee successfully refers) and a reward (the refund an attendee gets if they reach that threshold). If you set your threshold at 3 referrals for a reward, participants who refer 1 or 2 participants to your event do not get a reward.
2. Automated Tracking
TicketSignup’s referral rewards tool automates the referral tracking process, eliminating the need for manual record-keeping. The system assigns a unique referral link to each attendee and includes it on their confirmation page and confirmation email for easy sharing. Then, TicketSignup accurately attributes referrals to attendees and automates the rewards process to reduce administrative burdens.
3. Refund Rewards
Money talks. Refunds are the most popular reward for referrals because it’s easy to manage and motivating to everyone. Our standard recommendation is a $20 refund for 5 referrals, but you can customize the amount refunded and the threshold of referrals.
4. Stacking Rewards
Continue to encourage referrals event after the initial refund is given by stacking rewards and offering additional refund tiers. Or, go beyond refunds and reward attendees with premium swag, VIP event day experiences, and more. The automated referral tracking makes it easy for you to see which attendees earn your swag or experiential rewards to fulfill their reward. With free and integrated email marketing, it’ simple to remind attendees to share your event!
5: Track and Monitor Referral Performance
TicketSignup’s comprehensive dashboard provides real-time data on referral activity. You can track the number of referrals generated, successful conversions, and the performance of individual attendees. This information helps you identify top referrers, measure the effectiveness of your referral program, and make data-driven decisions to optimize your marketing efforts.
Referral Rewards Results
Get More Out of Your Referral Rewards
- Dial In Your Program: Set a refund reward that is high enough for attendees to want to work for (at least $15), with a threshold that is challenging but attainable (at least 3 referrals).
- Customize Your Social Sharing Options: Attendees can seamlessly share their referral codes and race information on popular social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter – customize your images and messaging to sell your race.
- Stack Rewards: Offer multiple reward tiers to incentivize your super referrers to keep referring after they reach your initial reward threshold.
- Include Exclusive Swag or Upgraded Event Experiences: If you’re offering swag such as t-shirts, hats, water bottles, or other branded merchandise, make sure it’s high quality and something that’s not available to attendees outside the referral program. Or, consider a creative approach to rewarding your highest referrers by offering perks like early access to next year’s ticket sales, preferred time slots, free parking, or access exclusive areas.
- PROMOTE YOUR PROGRAM: Referral rewards only works if your attendees know about it. Add referral program information to your website cover page, social media channels, and email communications. To automate reminders about the program, set up automated registration follow-up emails and a replacement tag with their unique referrer link.
Learn More About Referral Rewards:
All The Latest On Referral Rewards
Haunts are busy setting up events for 2023 and some are even starting to sell tickets. Last year we worked with dozens of haunts, including ten haunts that sold over 10,000 tickets. The number of haunts using TicketSignup in 2023 has already…Read More
Your digital marketing plan of email, ads, social media, website, and content gets people talking about and signing up for your event. Ready to accelerate ticket sales at a very low cost? Incentivize your attendees to refer their friends and family to…Read More
You can now promote your referral rewards program on the ticket purchase confirmation page by giving the ticket purchaser their referral link, along with a short description of your referral rewards program. This is the best place to promote your referral program:…Read More
There are two new data replacement tags in TicketSignup’s free Email Marketing for Ticket Events: Both of these placeholders are available when you send an email to Ticket Purchasers. This could be to all Ticket Purchasers or Ticket Purchasers for a specific…Read More
Referral Rewards are the lowest cost, highest impact marketing tool for events. We’ve added additional features to Referral Rewards to help grow your ticket events by rewarding supporters for getting their friends and family to join them in buying tickets. When you…Read More
We have brought our successful referral refunds program to ticket events. Referral refunds automate refunds to attendees who refer their friends and family to sign up for an event. You are able to set the amount of the refund and the number…Read More
We have just released referral tracking for ticket events. Referrals are a powerful marketing tool for your event. If someone uses a referral code (in the form of a link) to go to the event page and register, then the referral code…Read More