Marketing Basics: Free Websites & Email
BRANDED FOR YOUR EVENT • SIMPLE WEBSITE BUILDER • UNLIMITED PAGES & CONTENT • BEAUTIFUL DESIGN
UNLIMITED CONTACTS • UNLIMITED SENDS • EASY-TO-USE EMAIL BUILDER • PROFESSIONAL TEMPLATES
TicketSignup Marketing Tools to Grow Your Event
At the core of our marketing technology is our free tools for event websites and email. Beyond that, we had a number of built-in ways you can promote your event, inspire attendees to sell for you, and track the success of your campaigns.
1. Automated Referral Rewards
Referral rewards allow you to track referrals from attendees (or other sources) and automatically provide refunds to your biggest promoters. When implemented well, referral rewards can be one of the most successful marketing strategies for your event.
Best practices for a strong referral program include:
- Provide a refund reward that is attractive enough to be incentivize attendees to share your event (typically $15-20).
- Set a reward threshold that is high enough to be difficult, but not impossible, to reach (typically 3-5 referrals).
- Stack rewards with additional refunds or specialty swag or perks only for your most productive referrers.
- Share, share, share! Your referral program will only be successful if your attendees know about it – send emails, add it to your website, and remind people on your Facebook page.
2. Incentivize with Group Pricing
Creative pricing setups allow you to encourage attendees to bring their family and friends, ensuring not only more ticket sales, but also an event experience that is even more fun.
Options for group pricing incentives include:
- Combo Pricing where you provide a discount for tickets bought within a specific arrangement (like a free or discounted kid’s ticket when you buy 2 adult tickets).
- Bulk Discounts where you decrease the per-ticket price when a specific threshold of tickets is purchased.
- Group Ticket Packs where you sell admission to multiple people in a single, discounted purchase to encourage a small group to invite more friends so they all save.
3. Social Sharing Customization
Control the perception of your event by customizing your social sharing images and messaging, then enable an automatic popup to prompt your attendees to share your event.
Tips to encourage social sharing:
- Add an attention-grabbing event image to highlight how FUN your event is and grab attention
- Update your confirmation messaging to motivate purchasers to share
- Customize your sharing language to prompt immediate action from friends and family
- Be creative and true to your brand!
4. Tracking and Analytics
Stop wasting money with built-in marketing tools to help you track and analyze your spend across various channels. You can add your tracking pixels directly to your TicketSignup event website to track the success of your marketing spend.
Pixels that can be added include:
- Facebook pixel and conversion API to track the success of your Facebook advertising efforts.
- TikTok pixel to track your TikTok ads, monitor sales, and identify the right audience for your TikTok ads.
- Google Analytics to view all your website traffic and ecommerce data from your event website via Google Analytics
5. Traditional and On-Site Signage
Offer inclusive opportunities to purchase tickets and engage with your event via QR codes and quick text links. These automatically created codes can be implemented on signage that you share with your community partners – or even post in the parking area on-site – to provide easy opportunities for people to purchase tickets on their phone.
Build more interactive signage by:
- Including a QR code to your signage that attendees can scan to immediately be taken to your event homepage, ticket purchasing path, or donation page.
- Adding a text message and text short code that links to you event homepage, ticket purchasing path, or donation page by sending a short message to a pre-set number; no QR scan required.
Branding and Storytelling
Get back to the basics and tell your event’s story. Your event website, email, and social media presence are all opportunities to build your brand by telling a consistent story about what your event is.
Key tools for storytelling include:
- Images from your events with smiling faces and fun social interactions
- Videos from your your event over the years to show people what to expect
- Custom playlists to get people excited about your event
The TicketSignup Marketing Philosophy
The Latest on Marketing…
In February, we announced support for Google Analytics 4. This is a significant improvement providing new reports, moving to an event based system and improved user tracking among other improvements. In July 2023, Google Analytics stopped processing data for its old universal…Read More
Ticket events can get even more data and analytics from TicketInsights with the release of Source Tracking Codes for ticket events. TicketInsights automatically tracks the page views, tickets sold, and transaction $s from referring websites and emails sent from TicketSignup’s free Email…Read More
As an event director, you need to make data-driven decisions about your event’s marketing strategy to boost ticket sales and increase margins. With TicketInsights, TicketSignup integrates your event’s data in a new, unified platform to give you practical business insights and help you maximize…Read More
Over the last couple of months, we’ve added powerful Ticket Analytics to the ticket event dashboard. Currently these analytics are at the bottom of the dashboard below the quick cards and transaction charts. We will be moving new analytics to the top…Read More
There are thousands of different events to attend and a strong marketing plan will help your ticket event stand out. You can differentiate your event by knowing your target audience well, intentional advertising, and proper communication. Know Your Audience Knowing your audience…Read More
We continue the series on strategies to Increase Ticket Sales with Pricing strategies by focusing on ways to apply discount incentives to encourage group attendance and tap into the social nature that is the foundation of ticket events. This post covers two…Read More
You can now promote your referral rewards program on the ticket purchase confirmation page by giving the ticket purchaser their referral link, along with a short description of your referral rewards program. This is the best place to promote your referral program:…Read More
Building a Sense of Urgency TicketSignup offers many features and ways in which events can creatively encourage a greater amount of attendees for their upcoming events. This is a first in a series of blog posts to help provide specific methods to…Read More
If your organization hosts multiple events throughout the year, you need an integrated cross-promotion strategy that helps you capitalize range of participants and attendees. This five-step process will help you harness the power of your events to promote other events. Make Your…Read More
Hauntworld estimated in 2016 that there are over 4,000 Halloween events in the US each fall, with a total of 32 million Halloween tickets sold each year. Some of those are huge, drawing 100,000 guests in the short season, but the majority of attractions are built for…Read More
Sip & Savor is being held on April 27, 2022 at Park 31 in Spring Branch, Texas. It is a tasting event with entertainment and local vendors put on by Kendall County Women’s Shelter as one of their annual fundraising events. KCWS is an emergency…Read More
You know your event is awesome, and now it’s time to spread the word and sell more tickets. Successful strategies for marketing your ticket event rely on branding, easy communications, and social connections. 1. Free Websites What is it? TicketSignup events all come with…Read More